We look forward to welcoming you back to Horbury Dental Care
Dentistry during the Coronavirus Pandemic
This information will guide you through our new processes, so we can keep you safe and smiling!
You will receive a text message the day before your appointment to screen for any Covid-19 symptoms. If you develop any symptoms please call the practice to reschedule your appointment. (All information will be treated in the strictest confidence).We may take a prepayment at this stage.
Please do not bring any excess items, such as extra bags or shopping.
- Where possible come to your appointment alone. In the case of adults and older children, chaperones will be asked to wait outside of the building. Younger children or adults with special needs may enter the building, but must follow the patient screening procedures (please let us know this in advance)
- Please arrive on 15 mins before your scheduled appointment
- When you arrive, please wait in your car or if you have travelled on public transport, please wait outside the practice observing social distancing if others are around.
- The front door will be locked. We will ring you on your mobile telephone when we are ready to see you and you will be invited to come to the door. We will ask you to confirm that you are still symptom free and then open the door.
- One of our team, wearing a mask and a visor, will use a contactless thermometer and take your forehead temperature.
- Once you enter the building, please sanitise your hands as instructed.
- You will be guided to the dental surgery chair and asked to sit and wait for the dentist to join you.
- Your Dentist, Hygienist and Nurse will all be wearing additional Protective clothing to keep you safe and secure – it is still us underneath! We have new Decontamination procedures in place to keep you safe from the Covid 19 virus.
- After treatment we will escort you to the door and unlock this to let you out. Payments will be taken over the telephone either before of after the appointment.
We are trying to minimise the time that patients spend in the practice and minimising contact with other people – interactions will be kept as few as possible. We are trying to remove the need for patients waiting in the waiting rooms by spacing appointments out and reducing patients throughput quite dramatically. We will also only be running half the number of clinics.
Thus by running fewer clinics and booking longer appointment times we have reduced our capacity to 1/3 normal. This does unfortunately mean that not all of our services are available and we are having to prioritise treatment.
I hope that this information reassures you that we are working hard to keep you safe when you come to visit us.
Safety Procedures for Safe Dentistry
Please click on the link to download our Horbury Reopening Coronavirus Safety Policy document which explains the safety procedures we are putting in place to protect our patients and our staff.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to speak to us – your safety and comfort are our priority