Veneers, Crowns & Bridges
A veneer is a thin shield of porcelain that is used to cover the front surface of the tooth. Veneers are designed as a permanent way to change or enhance the look of stained, chipped, broken, or otherwise undesired teeth.The teeth’s appearance using veneers can often be dramatically improved with minimal tooth preparation.
At Horbury Dental Care we encourage patients in search of a dentist that specialises in dental veneers and other cosmetic procedures to turn their attention to our friendly dental practice.
Veneers can improve the appearance of your smile.
Veneers are used to treat teeth that are discoloured or worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped. They are also a good solution to close gaps between teeth.
Benefits of veneers
- They provide a natural tooth appearance
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- The colour of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s colour and shape — veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
Crowns are an ideal way to restore teeth that have been weakened by decay or a very large filling.Crowns are a laboratory made restoration that fits over the outside of a remaining tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape of a natural tooth.
Crowns are often made of porcelain, gold, precious or non-precious materials.
What are crowns used for?
- You may have a discoloured filling and would like to improve the appearance of the tooth.
- You may have had a root filling which may need a crown to protect what is left of the tooth.
- It may help hold a bridge or denture firmly in place.
One Visit Dentistry
New specialist technology now allows your dentist to produce and create your crowns and inlays in a single visit.
Your dentist will use a specially designed camera to capture an image of your tooth, surrounding teeth and gums. They will then create and design your new crown using specialist technology, allowing them to match the desired shade and shape.
Once design is complete our inhouse CEREC milling machine will then produce the crown bespoke for you allowing you to leave the practice with a smile on your face on the same day.
Benefits of the Cerec system:
- Single visit– the complete treatment from preparation to fit in one day
- Tooth coloured – colour matched ceramic blocks and simulates natural enamel
- Minimal tooth removal– design conserves natural tooth structure
- Fracture resistant– milled ceramic blocks are harder than conventional inlays
Bridges are commonly used to replace one or more missing teeth. They span the space where the teeth are missing. Bridges are cemented to the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. These teeth, serve as anchors for the bridge.
What are bridges made from?
Bridges are usually made of porcelain bonded to precious metal. There are also bridges made entirely of a special type of strong porcelain. At Horbury Dental Care we provide bridges either privately or under our new Essentials Dental scheme.